Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Leaves are changing - I mean it's Warren Miller Time




Since I only write this blog on a semi-annual basis, I thought it would be a great time to give an update! Last night while watching the new Warren Miller Film "Dynasty" I felt an emotion that has been absent for a few years. It's a feeling that doesn't have a name.

I hope you didn't start humming the new Black Eyed Peas song. Anyways, this feeling is found leaf peeping in New Hampshire, or at the base of Targhee on the eve of the first snow fall. It's the same feeling that you get when see the first flowers of Spring. Living in California has limited my ability to constantly feel the euphoria that accompanies the changing of the seasons, however, last night for some bizarre reason, these awesome indescribable emotions came rushing in!

It's possible that the memories of face shots of pow came rushing back! I had many fantastic days a few years ago skiing in the Tetons. This year could be different, since I'm going back to school and classes are only Tuesday through Thursday during the week, I'm thinking about asking Santa for a season pass to Kirkwood. He can get a really cheap deal since I'm a student again. It also includes a few buddy passes for friends and discounted lift tickets for them as well. So, my friends should be encouraging "Santa" as well! Just a few thoughts.

A few things to chew on:

http://www.skiersrealm.com/general/warren-miller-dynasty-2010 Check the trailer, it should get you excited for the ski season.

No comments:

Post a Comment