Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Miracle of Life

baby_girl_profile

Seeing our new little baby on the ultrasound was an amazing and humbling experience.

Mike: "Is that the face?"

Russian Ultrasound Technician: "uh no, that is the bum"

Christina: "Maybe you should let her do the talking"

As she moved up to the the head and started measuring the skull, my heart swelled. At that moment, our little baby looked up and we saw her precious little face. It was incredible. The technician then moved down to the heart. Tears filled our eyes as we clearly saw the four chambers with steady heart beats. It's funny how at these most precious moments, music comes into my mind, I immediately started to hum "it's my turn on earth". I thought how cool it will be to have our little baby join our family.

After the technician was finished with all the measurements, the doctor walked in, turned on the ultrasound and immediately (well it felt immediate to me) said "Yep, it's a girl"! We can't wait for this new little addition to arrive in the family. We also can't wait to meet her and have all of you meet her. See you at Thanksgiving!

baby_girl_fist

1 comment: